Our Community K9 Program is a program that meets the needs of the majority of people. In this program, your dog will be exposed to mid-level distractions that you would come upon in your daily lives. Your dog will be taken to numerous mid-level distraction areas throughout their 2-week stay (examples: focus on house manners, parks, baseball games, trails, various neighborhoods, big box stores, etc.).
Showing all 10 results
Our Urban K9 Program is a program designed around people who live in or near busy metropolitan areas and require that their dogs are exposed to distractions at the highest level. In this program, your dog will be taken to numerous high-level distraction areas throughout their 2-week training (examples: busy events, highly populated metropolitans, airports, shopping centers, train stations, etc.).
- Sit and Extended Sit (Dog remains in position until released)
- Down and Extended Down
- Loose Leash and Off-Leash Walking
- Come on command (outside, off-leash, with distractions)
- Greeting Manners (not jumping)
- Waiting politely at doors and gates (wait when they are opened until you release them)
- Waiting politely for meals (wait until they are released)
- Training with distractions (dogs and people)
- Place and Extended Place (Jump up and sit on any object you point to on command and stay there until released)
- Heel Command (off-leash, will come around the right side of your body and sit down right beside of your left leg).
- After completion, the dog owner will receive a 2 hr one-on-one session to detail everything their dog does, and how to properly handle them.
Upon completion of our Basic & Advanced Obedience Package, you may purchase individual Advanced Lessons.
- Extended distance obedience (your dog will be sitting/downing on command from 50+ yards away from you)
- Heel command (they come running, go around you and sit down right beside your left leg)
- Watch command (stare at you until you release them)
- Through command (go in between your legs and sit down)
- Stand command (they will assume a standing position on command)
- Front command (they will come running and sit directly in front of you no matter where they are)
- Focused heeling (will stare at you the entire time they heel)
- Touch command (they will run up and stand up against anything you point to)
- Many more!
Does your dog have issues with dog aggression, dog reactivity, or simply go over the top when it comes to other dogs being around? If so, this is a specially designed program may be the best option for you and your dog. This is 8 private lesson program which consists of our basic obedience package (4 lessons/5 commands) which will give you a solid foundation of control over your dog, just like the dogs you see in our 700+ videos on our YouTube Channel. Then, we spend the next 4 lessons working you and your dog around other dogs in different scenarios, commands, and situations. Giving your dog (and you) the skills, tools, obedience, and desensitization that is necessary in order to put you back in control of these situations.
This package includes 6 lessons, 30 minutes in duration, that are all positive reinforcement based to get your puppy started off on the right paw! We cover topics relating to health, nutrition, vaccines, first aid, and of course all the basic commands a puppy needs to thrive! When your puppy graduates class, they leave eligible for their S.T.A.R. certificate from AKC.
8 Private Lessons
- First 4 lessons include commands from Basic Obedience Training
- Final 4 lessons are Advanced Obedience Lessons
- Large Variety of Advanced Commands Learned
- Extended distance obedience, heel, “watch” command, “through” command, “front” command, “stand” command, and more!
- Includes e-collar and training leash
This consultation will give your new pup a good foundation for basic obedience! We can teach you how to house train your dog so they quit having accidents in the house! Also, we will train your pup to let you know when it has to go outside. Finally, we will be happy to answer any questions you have regarding your new puppy or its’ training.
8 Week Program
Is your goal to have your dog become a therapy dog? This specially designed 8-lesson course prepares you and your dog for their therapy dog testing and certification. Many of our former clients easily pass their therapy dog certification after our training program. Upon successful completion of this program, we can evaluate and certify you and your dog through Therapy Pets Unlimited or another testing company.